Thursday, February 25, 2010

And then my dad planted a tree in the yard

So, my dad is an incredible asshole and there's not much more of an excuse for his behavior but that. Also he would die a thousand deaths if he knew I called him an asshole. Once, when I was younger, he was listening as I was talking to one of my friends on the phone and I called him a "dumb butt" and he lost his shit and grounded me or something. I don't quite remember just that it was really bad. But he doesn't even know how to turn on a computer and just today he called and asked if I would "look on that computer and find me some tobacco seeds." That was easy enough but do you know how many different types of tobacco seeds there are? A lot. Anyway, he planted three plum trees in the front yard because he wanted to and it's his property. One of the trees is exactly where the second or third row of chairs for the wedding will need to be placed. This was all explained to him and he doesn't care. I can't remember the exact number but there are approximately 25 acres of land there on which to plant a plum tree and he refuses to move it. And so it is. I was thinking I would just put his chair right by the goddamn tree, but like I said it will probably be the third or so row so that won't work. Now I think I'll just water the tree with a little Round Up after the wedding.

A trainer at a Sea World was killed by an Orca yesterday. As much as I have enjoyed going to zoos and places like that in the past I really sort of have a problem with them now. These animals really shouldn't be caged. Its really just sort of sad, and wrong. And to quote Dr. Hunter S. Thompson:
"Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

No comments: